Vision and Code of Ethics
The Toxicology Forum seeks to promote and encourage open dialogue among:
- Government agencies;
- Policymakers and public interest groups concerned with public health issues.
Such interactions will facilitate sound policy decisions that protect and promote public health and build a better understanding through dialogue.
Code of Ethics
In order to fulfill our Vision, each Member of the Toxicology Forum, and all participants in Toxicology Forum-related activities, must maintain high ethical standards, and embrace a personal commitment to:
- Honesty and integrity - we operate at the highest level of scientific standards, and provide equal opportunity and consideration to all individuals who participate in Toxicology Forum-related activities
- Independence – we approach our activities with an open mind and objectivity
- Transparency – we strive to communicate all sides, limitations and uncertainties associated with issues in which we engage, acknowledge openly who our funders are and strive to avoid situations that imply a conflict of interest
- Collaboration – we value collaboration as the preferred approach to problem formulation and resolution, and judge research based on its merit and not source of funding
Code of Conduct
The Toxicology Forum [The Forum] hosts some of the most respected meetings of toxicologists in the science community. The Forum is committed to providing a safe, productive, and welcoming environment for all participants. It is the stated policy of The Forum that all participants, attendees, staff, and stakeholders will conduct themselves in a professional manner that encourages scientific debate while maintaining a welcoming environment.